Tanmia was part of the “Made in Bekaa” exhibition that took place in Zahle on the 4th, 5th and 6th of September, in the presence of Lebanese Minister of Agriculture, Hussein Hajj Hassan. Tanmia was among many exhibitors from Lebanon and the Bekaa particularly, who had the chance to meet consumers from the region, share with them their latest news and get feedback on their new products.
Tanmia Agricultural Development Company was founded in 1972 in Lebanon as a day-old chick producer. By 1998, we launched our meat products and became one of the leading chicken meat processing companies in Lebanon and the Middle East.
Over the years we have perfected our practices in broiler farming, poultry processing and further processing to provide consumers with the healthiest variety of original chicken products.
Our objective is to be the preferred supplier of branded chicken products and related businesses in Levant and Africa through integrity, innovation and a commitment to quality and excellence.
We direct all our production facilities towards that end by:
- Raising chicken in hygienic farms safe from contamination
- Feeding chicken all natural, vegetarian feed
- Limiting human contact with raw materials and finished products
- Handling and packaging professionally to ensure freshness
- Labeling our products accurately to protect the consumer’s interest
- Catering to our customer’s needs and requirements
We guarantee the best quality of chicken because we control the whole process; starting with the mother chicken, to the chick, the broiler or whole chicken until the products reaches our consumers.
- Feed production: 100% natural feed is produced and distributed under the most technologically advanced procedures. No chemicals, antibiotics or other medicines are used.
- Chick production: our farms are strategically located in remote areas of the Bekaa valley to ensure the highest bio-security possible. Professional farm managers oversee a precise diet, health and environmental program The health and vitality of our chicken is ensured through regular testing, Our hatching eggs are placed in high-tech incubators and hatchers to provide them with a nature-equivalent climate-controlled environment.
- Broiler production: 8 broiler farms are situated at one-kilometer distance from each other to avoid any contamination and are designed to allow ample space for the chicken to move freely. These farms are equipped with the latest technology in feeding, watering, cooling and heating to ensure the healthiest environment for growth.
- Processing plant: Our plant is equipped with the latest machinery for processing and further processing chicken meat. Every section of the plant is disinfected thoroughly on a daily basis. Final products undergo strict quality measures before exiting the plant. The entire plant is managed under the control of Food Safety Management Systems and according to ISO 22000 standards.
We assume full responsibility for our decisions, actions and performance. We have the ability tp prioritize and act in a timely fashion. We respect and value all our stakeholders.
We rise above the average level of service to create an emotional impact on our internal and external customers. We encourage Out Of The Box thinking to improve our products and optimize our processes. We differentiate ourselves through resourcefulness, originality and inspiration.
We believe our business exists to attract and satisfy customers. We anticipate their needs and we channel all efforts in developing partnership with ours stakeholders. We strive for continuous improvement by learning from our mistakes and celebrating our achievements.
We value the safety and quality of life of our employees and support their personal aspirations. We promote mutual trust between our business and the public at large and we dedicate resources to protect and help improve the community and the environment we operate in.
Wadi holding, Tanmia’s mother company was founded by Mr. Musa Freiji in Egypt. It compromises numerous companies in the poultry, agro food industry sectors and is the region’s leading agribusiness group focused on delivering high-quality products to consumers and businesses.
Mr. Musa Freiji has founded several companies in the Middle East. Their expansion took place over the years as follows:
- Lebanon 1972
- Syria 1973
- Saudi Arabia 1976
- Jordan 1977
- Egypt 1984
- Back to Lebanon 1998
- Sudan 2005
- Ongoing expansion across the region
To us, Food Safety Management System is key to our operations for three reasons:
- To exceed our consumers expectations of quality and taste and ensure their satisfaction and trust
- To respect and abide by Government food legislations and positively to the food industry in Lebanon.
- To secure the food industry in acquiring the consumer satisfaction and decreasing the potential losses from nonconformity.
Since our existence, we guaranteed the best quality and most hygienic products and therefore we were the first food processing company in Lebanon to be awarded the HACCP certificate in November 2004 by QMI (Quality Management Institute), a division of the Canadian Standards Association, confirming its implementation of proper Food Safety Management Systems.
And now, Tanmia’s Food Safety Management Systems is proud to be ISO 22000 certified, further reassuring its credibility as a managed poultry product provider.
ISO22000 certification is granted only to companies that function within extremely strict international standards of hygiene and quality assurance.
With all aspects covered, Tanmia is a Lebanese true leader in the industry on both, a local and regional level, utilizing advanced technology and precise quality control in every aspect of its production.
Because we believe that the journey of clean products starts with ensuring production in a clean environment, the company has been actively protecting the environment. Ever since it started production in 1998. With an initial investment exceeding 1.5 million dollars and daily expenses of over $2000, the company installed a water treatment plant, a rendering plant and a bio bed filter to treat the 3 types of waste generated by production lines: solid, liquid and gas. All solid waste is carefully handled and recycled into organic fertilizer and/or a feeding ingredient used by swine and dog farmers. Water is treated chemically and biologically to be a good quality water for irrigation. Finally the gas emissions are filtered from bad smells by using the bio bed filtering technique.
As a result, we were rewarded for being the greenest industry in Lebanon by receiving the Green Mind award in 2012 and we completed the "Cleaner Production Program" implemented by the Lebanese Cleaner Production Center in collaboration with UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organizations) and the Austrian embassy, to be proudly awarded the Clean Production certificate for our excellent environmental performance in Lebanon.