The Food Technologist executes and coordinates research and development plans and strategies in support of company objectives. Besides, on developing new creative food products the priority is to make sure food products are produced safely, legally and are of the quality claimed.
Generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility in terms of profitability, resource availability and compliance with regulations.
- Compiling, checking and approving product specifications and labelling.
- Undertaking long-term projects with other departments, e.g. reducing waste by improving efficiency;
- Partner with suppliers to monitor industry trends and evaluate ingredient or new flavor materials, product, processes and make recommendations for optimization based on project requirements
- Work closely with marketing team and outside testing resources on sensory evaluation. Make adjustments based on consumer feedback to ensure products exceed consumer expectations.
- Works with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records on all trials being performed.
- Monitors indicators related to ensuring employees conform to production or processing standards.
- Implements measures to improve inspection methods, equipment/tool performance, product quality, efficiency
- Making improvements or modifications to current processes
- Formulating new production processes or stages within processes
- Planning, organizing and overseeing process or production trials
- Recording and analyzing data
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Technology, Food Chemistry or closely related field and interested in applying their knowledge to food innovation
- Cooking: Knowledge of commercial cooking processes and techniques.
- Ingredients: Knowledge of key ingredient properties i more than five years of experience in the food industry field
Strong technical focus balanced with advanced client relations & communications skills. Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Problem solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Creative thinking and passion for food
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)