How To Cook Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
1. Pat dry the chicken thighs with few sheets of paper towels. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes per each side until lightly golden on the outside. Do not overcrowd. Cook in batches if need to. Remove to a plate.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add shallots. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes, stirring nonstop. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
4. Whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice, and add to the pan with 1 cup of equal part of milk and cream, rosemary, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a quick simmer and let the mixture thicken.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan, skin side up. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Discard rosemary and bay leaves before serving.